Health Stores ->
|Autism is found in young children. It is a complex condition of brain or we can say it is a brain disorder. It is the abnormal biological and neurological condition of the brain which affects the behavior of the child. Autism causes a large number of abnormal and complex behaviors. It can affect a childís skills, language and intellectual level. Asbergerís syndrome is alternative name for mild autism. It can affect the development of a child mentally and physically. Autism decreases the ability of a child to communicate and bring prominent changes in his social behavior, learning disability and it can result in aggressive and compulsive behavior.|
|It is also known as infantile autism or autistic spectrum disorder.|
|The causes of autism are not known as yet but the child brings along its symptoms from the birth time. Autism occurs when the child is just a fetus. Autism affects the normal working of brain and the sufferer finds it difficult to react or learn new things. It can be mild or severe according to the condition of the patient but the condition is for life time. The most suspected cause of autism is that there is some genetic disposition in the child during the time of development in the womb. Other suspected reason can be rubella in pregnant woman resulting in harming the baby. Fragility of the X chromosomes can also result in autism. Those parents who have one child with autism can have another child with autism too. The environmental factor triggers the condition of autism. There is also a strong view about the viruses and vaccinations, that they can be a cause of autism.|
|Children from 18 months up to three years can be victims of autism.
People who have autism in their family background are prone to get autism in inheritance.
Boys are greater risk of having autism than girls.|
|Symptoms & Signs|
|The symptoms may not be revealed at initial stages of the disease. The symptoms are responsible to consider whether the person is suffering from mild or severe autism.
- Language problems like child may have problem in speaking or he may never be able to speak properly creating communication problems.
- The child may not be able to form the normal relationships with the parents and does not respond to human behavior in normal ways.
- They donít even recognize their own name.
- They donít like to be with someone they prefer to be left alone.
- They lack in facial expressions.
- They avoid eye to eye contact.
- With draws themselves if anyone tries to cuddle them or touch them.
- It appears as if they have no feelings.
- They do not enjoy games and activities of their normal age.
- They may have involuntary act of rocking their legs and hands.
- They may play with weird things such as their own saliva.
- In some cases they may show destructive behavior like biting hands of their own or pulling their own hairs or even banging their heads against the walls.
- Their imagination powers are weaker than the other children.
- They may cry without tears.
- They may be hyperactive or completely inactive at times.
- They do not respond to changes.
- Fits of screaming can also be noticed in such children.
|There is no other way of diagnosing autism other than symptoms. The symptoms are all to diagnose the disease and its severity. Family history of autism can be asked by the patientís parents or care takers.|
|As we have not been able to find out the exact causes, it can not be said that we can prevent autism in any way.|
|Especial educational and behavioral changes can bring improvement in a patientís life. Medication can also be included in the treatment procedure. It has shown that people who are taken proper care and given proper treatment are seen to improve immensely though it can not be recovered completely.|
|Primary Natural Supplements|
|Secondary Natural Supplements|
|Certain changes in diet of the patient have to be made in order to bring improvements in his behavior. Eating well balanced and healthy food can be helpful.|
|Home Care Suggestions|
|The child with the symptoms of autism should be taken to the doctor immediately for the diagnosis. Keep an eye on your childís activities. Provide the child with good home environment which should be peaceful and calm.|
|Guidance and proper counseling are very basic necessities of autistic patient. Consult the especial teachers who can train the sufferer as well as the parents.|